Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 4

As the week goes on, I'm adjusting to the 3 hour time difference, which means I'm sleeping later and writing these even later!
Yesterday was just chock full o' great playing.  College ensembles from Texas Tech, Iowa, Mesa Comm. College and CCM all gave wonderful performances, as did Sotto Voce at the picnic!
I was able to spend some more time in the displays yesterday--some very good horns on the market these days.  I haven't played all of them (and likely won't) but did play some newer additions (Miraphone 1293 and a proto 6/4, Adams, and Kanstul)  saw some new gadgets and looked at some new tunes.  Talked with a LOT of people (I know, big surprise). 
Today should be more of the same, I expect.........

One of the cool things on the trip was the discovery of a breakfast joint called the cereal boxx.  Absolutely a great way to start the day!  Owners are nice, remember your name, etc. and provide some unusual, but very tasty, breakfast grub. 

The Board of Directors is working hard this week, making some quite good progress in areas of the organization that needed attention.  This Board is a truly great group of folks, and I'm fortunate to be able to learn from them every meeting!
more to follow!

No comments: